The Daily Whine

Whatever my whine for the day is (and sometimes a Wine as well) But also includes rants and raves about my favorite two authors - Tolkien and Lewis. Currently working on the "Why the Eagle couldn't take the ring" Theory to be published in mid January.

Friday, December 24, 2004

Fruits and Nuts


Fruits and Nuts Posted by Hello

It's always puzzled me about the amount of fruits and nuts you see around Christmas time. No, I don't mean the kind that Peaches and Generic Dragon or Cocles and Pixie all have to live with residing in California. I'm talking about apples, oranges, tangelos, walnuts, and pecans. The things that always show up in your stocking that you never really eat, I didn't anyway. Every year, 'Santa' would cram our stocking full of fruits and nuts. And every year I would dump them right back into the bowl they had come from. My mom kept up this tradition with my children because we've always been at their house Christmas.

This year mom's in London, so guess what - the stockings will be filled with lots of real goodies, like chocolates and candies, and craft things (my girls love to make crafts). No fruit, no nuts. Well okay mom, I'll put one apple in each.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home